Salt Road is an artist-led production partnership established in 2005 by artist co-directors Jaime Jackson and Dr Sally Payen with the aim of co-creating a series of emergent art programs that site social justice, climate awareness and ecology & climate anxiety at the forefront in the UK and internationally.
1. Relational socially engaged and visual art journeys.
2. Focus climate change knowledge, resilience, adaption, via the mystery of the natural world, archives and latest international scientific research.
3. Artist led commissions and exhibition curation.
4. Community cohesiveness in intuitive co-productive art processes.
5. Artist development and mentoring.
6. Bridging art practice with the public, education, community and sustainability sectors.
Current and recent projects
National Trust, Arts Council England, Herefordshire, Birmingham, UK
Basque Centre for Climate Change, International Glacial Society, Bilbao
Sluice and PADA Lisbon, Portugal
Be Fantastic, Future Everything, British Council, Bangalore, India
Park VR LiDAR
Birmingham 2022, Birmingham City Council, UK
Common Land VR LiDAR
Birmingham Education Partnership Commonwealth Connections, British Council, UK
Arts Council England, Herefordshire, Birmingham, UK
The Fence and Shadow
MAC Birmingham, Arts Council England, UK Government Art Collection, UK
Exchange Berlin Sluice
Das Institut für Alles Mögliche, Sluice, Berlin, DK